How we are protecting our Visitors:
- Visitors must answer screening questions prior to being admitted to guided tours.
- Controlled entry into the Village, gift shop and cafe entrances allows staff to monitor attendance level.
- Hand sanitizer is available at several locations.
- Plexiglass has been installed to provide a safety barrier, where necessary.
- Directional signs have been installed throughout the Village and staff members are positioned at key locations to monitor physical distancing and promote one-way traffic where possible. Visitors are spoken to prior to their admission to explain required safety procedures.
- Some benches, tables and chairs have been removed to reduce gathering and the chances of hard surface exposure.
- Some restrooms are closed, enabling more frequent cleaning of those remaining open.
- Touch points are sanitized frequently using an appropriate virucide.
- Complimentary umbrellas are not available for use.
- Steam Pot Cafe: Limited dine-in and outdoor seating, following all guidelines for physical distancing, take-away service is also available. Flow of traffic is maintained through use of arrows, signs are printed on floors and cones to keep 2m/6ft distance between people, doors are propped open, hand sanitizer is located at entry and exit, separate entry and exit are clearly marked.
- Gift Shop: Reduced hours, following protocols to allow for physical distancing, capacity monitoring and sanitary precautions.
How we are protecting our Staff:
- Following all existing and new guidance provided by WorkSafe BC.
- No visitors or contractors experiencing signs or symptoms of COVID-19 are allowed on property.
- Staff experiencing signs or symptoms of COVID-19 are directed to use the BC Self-Assessment Tool and follow its instructions.
- Company sick policy has been reinforced with staff with the understanding that they are to stay home if sick; if they become ill at work they are sent home immediately.
- Mandatory COVID-19-specific training for all staff.
- Work spaces have been modified to enable staff to maintain distance of 2m/6ft.
- High touch surface areas are regularly wiped down with a recommended virucide.
- Easy-access to hand washing and hand sanitizers.
- Relevant signage and resources are posted throughout staff areas.
- Task-specific PPE is available, including gloves and masks in appropriate locations.
How our operations have adjusted:
- Operating on reduced hours, facilities and amenities. The list of operational changes can be found here: COVID-19 Update.
- Visitors are counted and spaced out upon entry. Staff are positioned at key locations to monitor social distancing.
- Doors remain open where possible.
- Credit and debit card transactions strongly encouraged.