Currently, British Columbia is in Phase 2 of the Province’s Restart Plan.
We invite you to pay the historic McLean Mill a visit, take a self-guided tour and enjoy the trails around McLean Mill Historic Park by bike, on horseback or on foot.
#exploreBClocal, be a tourist in your own town and explore what Port Alberni and the Alberni Valley has to offer. There is lots of natural space and lots to discover.
We are working hard on how to keep you, our guests and our staff safe.
Thank you for respecting the measures in place and for understanding.
Please note that you are visiting the McLean Mill Historic Park & Site at your own risk.
We ask our visitors to be respectful and follow the rules to ensure everybody feels safe and enjoys their visit:
- Please follow the instructions of our staff. Currently, we are on site between 10am and 4pm daily.
- Please be patient as we will be closely monitoring how many visitors are allowed into the village (gift shop, canteena area) at one time.
- Please maintain physical distancing, and do not allow you or your group to get within 2m/6ft of another person or group. Please be respectful of other guests keeping their distance.
- Children and pets must remain directly at your side. Pets have to be on leash at all times and please pick up after your pet.
- Please follow the directional arrows and other guiding signage when entering the village, the gift shop or the canteena.
Limited seating (picnic tables) will be available in the Village and around the Historic Site.
Available in the Village, next to the Administration Building.
The Mill Canteena is open daily from 10am – 4pm with self-serve outdoor seating, following all guidelines for physical distancing, take-away service is also available.
Open daily from 10am to 4pm, following protocols to allow for physical distancing, capacity monitoring and sanitary precautions. Online shopping is available with complimentary delivery (in Port Alberni) or pick-up at the Administration Office.
REDUCED CASH TRANSACTIONS
Use of debit and credit cards highly encouraged.
Due to COVID-19 we are unable to supply umbrellas.
Open for business (daily between 10am-4pm).
Visitors will be asked the following questions before being admitted to limited group-sized guided tours:
1. Have you experienced cold or flu-like symptoms within the last 14 days?
2. Have you been in close contact with anyone else who has had these symptoms in the last 14 days?
3. Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
4. If you have travelled outside of Canada, have you quarantined in Canada for 14 days?
COVID-19 is beyond our control and since we don’t have a crystal ball for what the future has in store, we have not, as of yet, cancelled all of our events, hoping we may be able to offer the venue later in August or September and beyond.
IF YOU HAVE A MASK, YOU ARE WELCOME TO WEAR IT.
We have a limited number of masks available for both guests and staff.