Are you interested in a positon with our hospitality or park staff this summer? Are you interested in becoming an ambassador for the Alberni Valley, while working to provide a top notch visitor experience for locals and guests alike? Are you interested in Tourism, Hospitality, Food Service, Events, History, Customer Service or Parks and Rec? This might be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
McLean Mill is be taking applications now. There will be information about the Alberni Valley Tourism Training Program, our site, areas we are hiring and more. We will be touring the site and offering a upclose and personal information session for all potential employees.
Please bring or send your resume and cover letter, attention Deanna Beaudoin indicating your level of interest in McLean Mill Historic Park, your background in hospitality, people, tourism, and experience making. We will be hiring both full time and part time students.
Inquiries: Deanna Beaudoin, Executive Director 250-723-1376, email@example.com 5633 Smith Road Port Alberni BC.
We are in need of Volunteers for the McLean Mill and Train Station and Trains If you have a skill and or a passion to work with a great team, please contact us. We are in need of people of all skill levels. Some of the jobs include;
- Tour guides
- Sales Staff at the Train Station and gift shop
- Maintenance and handy persons for site maintenance, clean ups and overall tidiness
- Janitorial help
If you have time to help, please contact Deanna Beaudoin at 250 723-1376 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Request for Expressions of Interest.
McLean Mill Society
The McLean Mill Society (MMS) is interested in receiving Expressions of Interest from individuals or businesses to set up and operate a business at the Historic Port Alberni Train Station.
Background: MMS was formed in December 2016 to take over Management of the McLean Mill National Historical Site. Subsequently, the Society also manages the Port Alberni Train Station and partners in operating the Alberni Pacific Railway.
Opportunity: Presently MMS is responsible for the premises of the Historic Port Alberni Train Station and is interested in hearing from individual(s) or businesses to operate a business at this location. The location includes the main floor of the main train station building, the attached garages, and surrounding paved lots. MMS is interested in creating a centre that attracts both local people and visitors on a year round basis. Factors to consider when expressing an interest include:
- The Train Station has historical significance. Proponents must respect the integrity of the structure’s historic designation, especially the exterior
- The Train Station is used as a ticket and reception centre for passengers traveling on the trains. MMS would like to know if any proponents would be interested in assuming operations of this aspect. Otherwise access would be required for the MMS to continue to sell train tickets.
- MMS would entertain multiple expressions of interest for portions of the building.
- Proponents should indicate if expressions of interest include the use of paved lots surrounding the Train Station.
- All businesses would be expected to be open to the public daily from 9:30am to 5:30pm or other similar agreed upon times.
Considerations: MMS is interested in innovative ideas. All proposals will be considered. In the assessment of Expressions of Interest, MMS will give weight to the following factors:
- Celebration of the historic value of the site
- Offering of products and/or services that compliment both the history and the uniqueness of the community and its peoples
- Provision of products and/or services that both locals and visitors will purchase/enjoy
- Creation of a presence that draws locals and visitors on a year round basis
- Provision of revenue to MMS.
Expectations: MMS has following expectations:
- A valid business licence must be obtained and displayed
- A copy of the proponent’s Business Insurance Policy with a rider indemnifying MMS and the City of Port Alberni (the City), must be made available prior to start of business operations
- A lease agreement will need to be entered into prior to occupancy
- Hours of business will need to be defined.
- No renovations of the building will occur without prior approval from MMS and the City. Any renovation costs will be the responsibility of the proponent.
- All exterior signage must have the prior approval of MMS and the City
Expressions of Interest: Proponents must submit written expressions of interest to MMS including the following information:
- The name, address and contact info for the applicant and business
- A personal resume of the owner/principal, and history of business. Personal resumes should include references, and document relevant experience
- A vision for the business, including:
- Type(s) of products to be offered
- Floor plan and description of any displays
- Suggested financial arrangements with MMS for compensation and/or rent
- Marketing plans
Application Process: Complete expressions of interest documents should have forwarded to MMS by Mail, email, or direct delivery to:McLean Mill Society 5633 Smith Rd. Port Alberni B.C. V9Y 8Z1 Phone # 250 723-1376 Email: email@example.com
Inquiries: Please contact: Deanna Beaudoin 250 723-1376 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org