Open Year Round for Self Guided Tours. Map's are available in the courtyard or in the office.
Available all year: Private Events, Weddings, Birthday Parties, Team Building Retreats, Community Meetings.
Come on in, we're open every day!
In the winter season, enjoy a quiet stroll through town, take in the scenery, visit with the heritage site, the streams and forest pathways, and be sure to top by the courtyard for a map.
Beginning April 1st - come warm up in the Steam Pot Cafe every weekend as we try out some new menu items and baked goods. Watch for the sign and come on in for coffee.
Browse through many authentic McLean Mill and local goods at our Gift Shop - so many unique gift ideas for the season!
Please note that most heritage buildings are closed for restoration & preservation during the winter season.
- Spring season begins April 1, 2018
- Summer season begins June 23, 2018
- Fall season begins October 3, 2018
- Winter season begins November 24, 2018
The Historic Steam Mill is not currently operating, but is available for viewing from our viewing deck. We will also be offering guided tours inside of the mill at various times during our summer season.
We will be doing demonstrations of the JJ Logging Show during this season. You will witness how logging was done in the day, and see the Steam Donkey in operation
Check here for dates and times of these during the season.
- PARK GATES are OPEN 10-dusk
- Gift Shop: Daily 10:00 to 4:00
- Visitors Center: Open daily 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Steam Pot Cafe: Open Wednesday to Sunday 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Old Town: Self Guided tours daily
- Administration Office: Tuesday to Saturday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Train Station (Downtown Port Alberni): Open prior to all train scheduled train trips and during private events only. See "Train Schedule"
Pets are Welcome!
Pets, on a leash, are welcome! Horses too.
We kindly request you to keep your pets away from food services areas and the Logging Show.
Please pick up after your furry friends!
We also feel that during our Special Events, like Easter and Jeepers Creepers, The Shaker, or Harvest, the site is so busy with people, noise, and activity that pets can easily become over-excited. Please leave them at home during these times.
MILL PARK PRICES:
- Adults: $ 10.00*
- Youth: (Ages 11-18) $ 5.00*
- Child: (Ages 1-10) Free
Note: Park entry fees & tours are included in the train ticket.
Park fees are subject to applicable taxes.